Welcome to COM.PLY Restaurant Compliance Management™ (the “Service”), a copyrighted, free web-based service available to all dues-paying members of the NYC Hospitality Alliance.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better service to you, our users. We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. For example, the Service requires you to establish an Alliance account. When you do, we’ll ask for limited personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number, permitted users and similar information to store with your account.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like how often you access your account, the amount of data placed on our site, and which devices are using our service. This permits us to ensure that there is sufficient bandwidth, storage capacity and device availability to meet your needs.
When you use our Service or view content provided by Alliance, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes:
- Details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
- Internet protocol addresses. Information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Alliance Account.
We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
Cookies and similar technologies
We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit our site or use the Service, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. Information we collect when you are signed in to the Service may be associated with your Alliance account. When information is associated with your Alliance account, we treat it as personal information.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from use of our site and all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve our site.
When you contact Alliance, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
Alliance processes personal information on third party servers. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the control of the Alliance. Unfortunately, we cannot ensure that these third party servers will always be functional or accessible.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
Our domain administrator may be able to:
- View statistics regarding your account, like statistics regarding frequency and extent of use.
- Change your account password.
- Suspend or terminate your account access.
- Access or retain information stored as part of your account.
- Receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental inquiry.
- Restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
We will not share any personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Alliance, or with other members within the Alliance, without your consent unless that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Alliance members, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We work hard to protect our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to our system.
- We restrict access to your posted information to our administrators and the administrators of the server company that hosts our website who need to know that information in order to comply with its service obligations to us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
- We will maintain the confidentiality of information you place on our site even after you cease to be a permitted user of the Service.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities